The mission of Marketing Education is to enable students to understand and apply marketing, management, and entrepreneurial principles; to make rational economic decisions; and to exhibit social responsibility in a global economy.
Marketing Education should:
- Encourage students to think critically.
- Stress the integration of and articulation with academics.
- Be sequenced so that broad-based understandings and skills provide a foundation to support advanced study of marketing.
- Enable students to acquire broad understandings of and skills in marketing so that they can transfer their skills and knowledge between and among industries.
- Enable students to understand and use technology to perform marketing activities.
- Stress the importance of interpersonal skills in diverse societies.
- Foster a realistic understanding of work.
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of business ethics.
- Utilize a variety of types of interactions with the business community.